It's all about spectators communicating with the athletes. With cowbells, the spectators become part of the atmosphere of the event. Some athletes say all the noise it helps them perform, to GO FASTER! They know there's an enthusiastic crowd waiting for them and ready to go WILD. Cheering with cowbells also saves your vocal chords. So it's practical too. But do remember to bring your mittens... the metal bells can get cold out there.
Q: How long does it take to get bells withOUT a logo?
A: Bells are ready to go! Orders for non-custom bells are shipped out from Utah within two business days of receiving payment (generally the next business day). Standard shipping is with Fed Ex GROUND or US Postal Service Priority within the US. Allow five business days to reach the East Coast from Utah. If your order needs some special handling, like getting there by a certain date, add a comment on your PayPal payment, we'll contact you if the shipping needs to be upgraded.
Q: How about custom bells, how long does that take?
A: Turn-around time for personalized (engraved MOEN Bells, or imprinted promotional bells) is 3-4 weeks. But they are often delivered much sooner. We like to allocate a week for artwork approvals, one week for the imprinting and 5 business days for shipping... which is how we get to 3 weeks. The extra fourth week is to be prepared for Peterson's Law (Murphy was an optimist). Rush options are available.
Q: You probably can't do this.... but we would like custom bells for our game this weekend. We made the play-offs!
A: Sometimes you just need more cowbell FAST! We can do that! It will just cost a little more in shipping and an imprinting rush charge. Or, you could have vinyl stickers made at your local fast signs shop or FedEx Office (make sure they are bumper sticker quality die cut vinyl stickers). Rush charges are for imprinted bells only. Plain bell orders requiring expedited delivery may need upgraded shipping services.
Q: How do I order custom bells?
A: Here's the custom bell ordering process. If you get stuck, you can always give us a RING!
1. Let us know a little about your event or bell project and when you need your personalized bells.
2. Provide art, shipping address, phone number (do not email credit card numbers, we'll take those over the phone, or PayPal).
3. You'll receive an emailed invoice to review, then an emailed art proof to approve.
4. After you approve the art, your credit card will be charged, you'll receive a PAID invoice by email.
5. Then you'll get bells!
Q: I don't have a PayPal account. Can I pay you some other way?
A: Sure! We selected PayPal because you don't need to have an account to use it, it's the industry leader, it's secure, it takes care of your privacy, and we like using it ourselves. But we recognize that not everyone likes it as much as we do.... so, it's nice to have payment options:
1. Order on-line with most credit cards using PayPal. You don't need a PayPal account to do so.
2. Email your order information and phone number and we'll call you for your credit card number: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Phone in your order to +1.800.876.1794 or +1.415.924.8663
3. Mail a check after you receive your emailed invoice. Prepayment is required on custom orders, so this can slow delivery.
Q: What kind of art file should I send?
A: The best is vector art, an eps or ai file (black and white line art, no half-tones) and a pdf file. Or send what you have and we'll let you know if we can use it. The better the art the better your bells will turn out.
Q: What if I don't have any art?
A: If it's something simple, like lettering, our imprinters can make something up for you. We also have graphics gurus that can make up a logo for an added fee... normally around $40. Added benefit: It's your art and you can use it on other things too.
Cowbells.com is a new beta site. The shopping cart works great, we are mostly still working on getting more products listed and content added. Our old site is Cowbell.com. Comments to help us improve the site are most welcomed.